Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Baked Crab Rangoons



I am all for healthy foods. I feel better when I eat them, lighter, and cleaner. Even though I know this I am still tempted by unhealthy foods. But with all of the healthy alternatives out there it is easy to create that same meal with healthy substitutes.  Some of them turn out amazing while others end up being a plug and chug more than a tasty meal. 

Thankfully these baked Crab Rangoons were pretty tasty. I still can’t manage to get that perfect golden brown look but my taste buds don’t mind the look all that much.   
These came from a Weight Watchers recipe found at recipething.com.
The recipe was excellent but I still tweaked it a little bit.
Here is the recipe I used…
Crab Rangoon – Weight Watchers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
Ingredients
  • 1/8 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/8 tsp worcestershire sauce
  • 1/8 tsp white pepper
  • 1/8 tsp ground allspice
  • 14 wonton wrappers
  • 1 small green onion
  • 4 oz  crab meat
  • 3 oz cream cheese
Directions
1.      In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, garlic salt, white pepper, allspice, and Worcestershire sauce until smooth.
2.      Stir in crab and onion.
3.      Place 2 teaspoonfuls in the center of each Wonton wrapper.
4.      Moisten edges with water; bring corners to center over filling and press edges together to seal.
5.      Place on a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
6.      Lightly spray wontons with nonstick cooking spray.
7.      Bake at 425 °F  for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
8.      Makes 14 Crab Rangoon
Have you tried this recipe, what did you like about it, did you tweak it? What did you add/subtract?

No comments:

Post a Comment