Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Going for Great


Weird Truth Tuesday – The Truth Behind why I Became  a Coach

Call me crazy if you want, or just call me weird. I prefer weird. Why?  Because if I am considered weird by you then that means I am being me, I am being unique. I have many passions in life and among them are fashion, music, punk hair, martial arts, homeschooling, cooking, healthy living and fitness. I have been focusing a lot of fitness lately. Why? Because I love how it makes me feel. Fitness has helped me in more ways than I can describe here but since it is a passion of mine, I had decided to become a fitness coach so that I can help others to improve their quality of life and learn to love living again.

So why did I want to be a coach?

I took this step because when I see something awesome that is completely obtainable I go after it with determination and dedication. Sure I have down times but we all do and I eventually get through them and come back with new life and a vengeance.

Mostly I want freedom in my life. One of my biggest pet peeves if feeling like someone has control over me and this is the case with a boss, a job or even a loan. When working in the corporate world I had to ask permission for a vacation and I didn’t like that. I even had to ask permission to stay home with my kids when they were sick and I DEFINITELY did not like that!  I prefer to be in control of my own life and I wanted my power back.

That is only part of the reason for why I became a coach.  Call me selfish but every choice I make has some sort of influence on my children and right now they are my number one motivation. This isn’t about me; this is about providing a life for my children while teaching them that the world is a better place when we are uplifting others and inspiring others to find joy and happiness.

What do I do as a coach?

Most of all, I help people to feel wonderful about themselves again!  Yes, I stole that quote from a friend but she said it perfectly! That is exactly what we do as coaches and it not only helps them but it gives my life purpose also.  Part of being a coach is helping people to find that deep “why” as to why they want to be healthy.  Everyone knows that eating right and working out is good for us so why then is it sooooo hard?? Finding the “why” helps people to stick with their goals and it is imperative that your “why” is bigger than your “how” in order to succeed.  If you know why you are doing this then you will find a way no matter what and the “how” of reaching your goals will become irrelevant.

Why do I want to be healthy, what is my “why”?

I want to be healthy and in shape for several reasons. First off my family has a history of diabetes and heart problems. I, myself, have had my share of knife-splitting chest pains that leave me gasping for air.  I have a family that I truly care about and I want to be here for them along with being a good example to them.  I knew that eating healthier and taking care of me was key to making this happen.  My diet used to consist of fried foods, pizza, nachos, chili dogs and monster drinks every week. (ok the monster drinks were actually every day)  I felt tired ALL THE TIME. I also felt irritable, worn out, anxious, and stressed but had no energy to make any changes. I hid these emotions as best I could to the public but as a result those that were closest to me suffered.  So I decided to become healthy to make myself a better person, both physically and spiritually. I decided to eat clean so that I could experience pure energy first hand and I decided to eat clean for my heart.  I decided to work out because I LOVE the way I feel afterwards. I actually feel alive and I love the energy it gives me.  I hated feeling bound to my couch.  So my main reasons for wanting to be healthy are to take care of this body that God gave me and to feel happiness and content inside.

Last of all, being a coach has given purpose to my life. Helping others to find their “why” and find their motivation inspires me and touches my heart in a way that I can’t explain. I love each of my challengers and fellow challengees and my Misfit family that has helped me to open my eyes to the BIGGER picture.

Fitness isn’t about being skinny; it’s about being comfortable and happy in my own skin.



No comments:

Post a Comment