Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Accepting Me for Me

Accepting me for me
I am fat! It’s no secret. I have gained a lot of weight since I started having a family. I have had 4 kids in 5 years. So of course that would put a strain on my body. I don’t have easy pregnancies so I am usually very sick, or have other health problems that prevent me from moving like I normally should. But even with all of that I have been ashamed of my body for a very long time. I have stepped away from being in any pictures with my children banking on the fact that I would ruin it.
Being trained to think like this from a very early age I found it really hard to step out of that thinking pattern. But when I finally managed to see me for me, or through my children’s eyes, or even through my husband’s eyes I started to see how beautiful I really am.
Women are bombarded with images of how they “should” look. This summer for instance I went swimsuit shopping, and looked basically everywhere for a decent swimsuit that would cover my fat body. But all I saw were these perfectly looking women wearing these pieces. I was afraid to go anywhere because I knew that I looked nothing like the model who had just worn the swimsuit before me.  But then something amazing happened. All of the images that I saw was nothing compared to what I saw at the beach. I saw women of all shapes and sizes.
 All different.

All beautiful.
No one looked like they stepped right off the run way. But they were all still beautiful in their own way.
I was shocked.
I was happy.
I realized at that moment that I needed to change my attitude towards myself.
I needed to do it for me, and my daughters.
They deserve to feel beautiful at all times, and not because someone told them they had to look a certain way or wear a certain thing to be beautiful. They need to feel beautiful even when they have been rolling around in the mud all afternoon, or right after they wake up and have their hair all over the place and no makeup on yet.
I am sick of feel ugly because my body has curves and is bigger than the “normal” skinny body.
So… I am no longer ugly.
My body is the way it is. Yes I need to lose weight, but while I am working out, it isn’t going to happen overnight. And I must be happy now. Or else I will never be happy.  
Who is with me? All of you should be, because all of you are beautiful. No matter what society says to you.
 I say you are beautiful, strong, and capable of doing anything.

Yes I know this is a fitness blog, but it is also an important spot for women to be themselves! I never said I was going to stop working out, that is my goal to get in shape, but while I am getting is shape and striving to reach my goal, I still think I am beautiful.
Some other links to being yourself/ being beautiful that I love are...




No comments:

Post a Comment